Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The M-O-V-E Update

After a whirlwind two-day trip to Seattle, we have procured a domicile. I can't remember many details about it beyond that it's the upstairs unit in a house in Ballard and there's a lavender doorknob on one of the doors. And it's quite a bit more expensive than our house in Missoula *shocker*.

The interview went well. I am in the system at the staffing agency and they will try to find me editing gigs around town. Temporary, of course, but with the ever-present possibility of hire. Things will not move forward until we return from Prague at the end of July, which gives me a month to learn HTML and XML. And find a new wardrobe of office-appropriate attire. And unpack our boxes.

A good friend in Seattle has a poetry group that meets every other week. I used to attend this group back when I lived in Seattle and I know it will provide a much-needed impetus to generate new work and revise poems I've been sitting on for a while.

Among the things that excite me about my new (old) home: Open Books, The Moisture Festival, The Seattle International Film Festival, and pho.

I am not, however, looking forward to the traffic or the fleece, both of which I find equally offensive.

No comments: